Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

Green Party needs to call the army that is waiting for them

...and what a policy!
America, land of prohibition and professional prisons. With Canada and Mexico following like children.

Moderators: deliriumt, milehigh, CoolZero

Green Party needs to call the army that is waiting for them

Postby Virgil » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:10 pm

I wrote this in a comment at http://www.progressiveindependent.com/d ... mesg_id=53

The Greens need to be loud and clear on calling for an end to prohibition. I am not going to harp on the need to end prohibition because I believe that it exist as an absurdity. A big failing of Nader was not using the proper language on the policy. It was damaging to keep using drug warrior language and opposing the drug war. He should have said "We need to end the 1914 Prohibition as amended.

I want to mention LEAP, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, as the most powerful organization in the movement to end the policy of prohibition- http://leap.cc/ Please look at the 12-minute video in the block with the endorsement from Walter Cronkite.

Prohibition was a valuable tool for the cause of Empire. It gave reason to tax the subjects to protect them from the violence and crime that come with prohibition itself. Taxes are the way to hold down the middle class and create a pool of money for the Wealthy Rulers to play with. Prohibition gave us no-knock raids, an assault on jury nullification, the militarization of the police, and mandatory sentences for the benefit of the prison industry at the expense of judicial freedoms and rights.

There is an army of people on the Internet that have come to drug policy mainly through their desire to either legalize laughing grass or at least get it to the sick and dying that need it for medicine. There are over 5000 websites that are frequented by cannabist, where cannabis lovers is really a more fitting term.

I am not going to vote for some stupid Dim when his party is for continuing prohibition. I know what prohibition did and know that if we want to make the world a better place, prohibition has to end. There are a hundred million people in this country that have used cannabis and I might have to claim counting the illegal Mexicans to get to that number.

If the Dims think they can win next presidential race, they are demented. There is going to be a hard line form over prohibition as the call goes out to give up on the lesser of two evils voting and to recognize the Rs and Ds as one party.

For now, all I want to say is that the Greens could make a big showing if they just get real. They have to make Duopoly stick and call for everyone to leave both parties if for no other reason than to level the playing field so that we end the two/one party system. Calling for the legalization of pot is the first practical step to converting from prohibition to harm reduction. It is the right thing to do if you are anywhere near real. But if you need an army, the only real armies out there are the anti-prohibition and anti-Empire armies.

I challenge the loyalty of any Green politician that does not call for ending prohibition. But not to call the army that has been waiting for you is political blindness. You know what this army's flag would read- harm reducers?

The Green Party needs to call for the army of harm reducers out there. Prohibition is the proper term for our present policy. Harm reduction is the proper term for the policy we need. It is a world-wide movement trying to end the prohibition that Wealthy Rule imposed on the world.
We are slaves to the corporations and the government is the overseer.
Virgil
Forum builder

Postby San » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:50 pm

:!:
The green, green grass of home...... :)
San
Forum builder

Return to Cannabis policies of North America.