Hempcity in the press

Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

Pro Cannabis Party to be founded in the Netherlands.

Will the Netherlands set a worldwide trend for cannabis policies?

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

Pro Cannabis Party to be founded in the Netherlands.

Postby cannabinol » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:06 pm

Yesterday I participated in a fundraiser to see if we can get a financial base to be able to found and operate a political party that will satnd up for the rights of cannabis smokers, growers, entrepreneurs and others involved, first of all in Holland.

The event was organised by Wernard, Holland's Potfather, founder of coffeeshop Mellow Yellow, Positronics, Mediwiet and more.

I will make a nice report, after Wernard gives me the green light, we do want to go to the press, worldwide, soon.

We managed to raise enough money to get started, which means Wernard can spend almost a year, until next year's elections in May, on the political party, with me and more good cannabis entrepreneurs backing him from our parts of the culture.
He will take a year off from his work, so we make sure his costs and salary are covered. We will now start approaching more colleagues, so get more money to be able to campaign on tv and such, in due time.

The initiative is aimed at Europe, with Holland being the spearpoint, as we shood.

We HAVE to do something NOW!
The ongoing hunt for cannabis people is getting tough, even Dutch coffeeshops, growshops, growers and seedbanks are now under SERIOUS threat.

I can only say Wernard came up with a sensational idea to try to restore democracy in Dutch politics, while standing up for the Dutch, liberal cannabis system as we knew it.....

Remember, if Holland falls, the rest of the cannabis world will suffer, and go under after us....
In Cannabis Fidelis
cannabinol
Hemp City Lover

Postby AmeriSkunk » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:30 pm

I hope the cannabis movement doesnt collapse in Netherlands because it would probably be the end of the cannabis movement as a whole. Keep fighting for your rights Nol, and I hope that you prevail in the end. I and other members are looking forward to the upcoming reports.

AS
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby milehigh » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:20 pm

This is great news. The cannabis activisim has been a little to quiet lately. I am happy to get behind Wernard 100%. This can be a vehicle to get people excited again and start moving things back in our direction.

Let us know how to help?

mh
We're all here, because we're not all there.
milehigh
Hemp City Lover

• Website

Hi...just mailed you, your phone is off?

Postby cannabinol » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:24 pm

This is serious, because the situation here is getting serious.

I came to Holland for a few things, seems I have to go get back to the frontline straight away. I am working on an article I would like to have translated and spread...

Hope you all can help, we can start by spreading word...

thanks for all offers to help, will open a new forum soon.
In Cannabis Fidelis
cannabinol
Hemp City Lover

Postby Picasso » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:49 am

Hey Nol,
I'm 100% with you and Wernard for this political project.
I totally agree with you, it's time to do something before it's too late!
I've always dreamed of being able to vote a Cannabis party at the European political elections...
Have you contacted the Encod organization? (European Coalition for Just and Effective Drug Policies)
I'm here for translations or other kinds of help:-)
Good luck Nol!
Picasso
Picasso

Postby deliriumt » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:48 am

same here 100% support and I can translate to welsh if you want :)

good luck with it all and you can count on us for our support all the way.

regards

deliriumt
Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
deliriumt
Site Admin

Postby Ernest » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:53 pm

If necassary I could translate it in Spanish.So if there is any need,just send me a PM.
:lol:
shh...
Ernest
Hemp City Lover

Postby AmeriSkunk » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:05 pm

I've been doing some thinking about this whole political campaign and I think that the way to win at this would be to aim your campaign on Medi Weit, and how cannabis can help people because this should bring in voters who dont smoke, but realise that there is a medical upside to cannabis, although not for themselves. You have to find a way to get to the non smokers, because I'm sure the Dutch smokers are behind the movement. Take the argument away from their "How cannabis is bad" tactic and make it about personal choice, generalize the arguments and use personal choice examples. Once you make the people realise that this is about personal choice and not about getting stoned, hopefully people will understand that it is a persons choice to get high and cannabis is no more dangerous than tobacco, so government intervention isn't needed. I also would let people know that hard drugs should not be tolerated, because I think some nonusers lump cannabis in with hard drugs. Just a few ideas I wanted to put on the table.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

loads to do...

Postby cannabinol » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:47 pm

I am working on more text, Wernard is working on getting the project started. The IPN will not be a one topic party, we will work together with people which are into Education and a disabled person, who is in politics, representing the disabled people. Wernard is getting more good people around him, while we, thw cannabis entrepreneurs, are trying to get ourselves together.
In Cannabis Fidelis
cannabinol
Hemp City Lover

Postby milehigh » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:24 am

Absolutely, it has to be a multi issue platform. Wernard has to appeal to the masses and speak of things that are close to everyones heart, exactly like education. Good move.

mhd
milehigh
Hemp City Lover

• Website

breaking news...

Postby cannabinol » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:34 am

The present Government have a huge conflict amongst themselves, might break up the coalition.
That happening, we will have to speed things up, we might have early elections...

Tension building already, May next year will be better, if the coalition folds, we moight have elections in October 2006.

We will know more tomorrow...
In Cannabis Fidelis
cannabinol
Hemp City Lover

New Elections soon to be called. Donner is OUT!!!

Postby cannabinol » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:10 am

the cabinet has fallen.

That's how we call it in Holland when the sitting government folds.

Balkenende will offer his resignation to the queen tomorrow.

That means Donner goes down with this untidy bunch, good riddens.

Means elections will probably be sooner than May 2006.

I'll keep you posted.

I gave away free joints to all customers present when I found out about it an hour ago...
In Cannabis Fidelis
cannabinol
Hemp City Lover

Postby milehigh » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:45 am

WOW, that is crazy stuff. I need to understand more about the Dutch government. I hope this works to your advantage. Were the majority of regular voters very unhappy with the current cabinet, or was there just in-fighting that broke them up?

We need to get the word out about Wernards campaign asap.

Thanks for keeping us posted Nol.

mh
milehigh
Hemp City Lover

• Website

Postby AmeriSkunk » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:12 am

I read about this earlier but I couldn't really get much from it since I dont know who any of the people are. I assume this was for the best since you passed out free joints. What position is Wernard running for, and how did people that arent even Dutch born get into the important government roles? I hope Wernard takes the election, and other countries listen to his views.

MH I posted some melon pics in the gallery, good example of what crappy flouros produce, small ass buds. good quality
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

^^

Postby DomeDope » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:12 pm

the german translater is...<-- here :D

hope all works how it plans^^

peace smoke and greetz from germany!!!

domedope
The Life is a shitty Game!!!! But the Graphics RoxXx!!!!
DomeDope
Hemp City Lover

• Website

Next

Return to The Dutch Policy: Model or Threat?