Hempcity in the press

Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

Worthing update, Chris's Court appearance!

Policies and information for the other countries of the European Union.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

Postby AmeriSkunk » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:11 pm

Yep mate has to be, but the problem now is the petty laws, not only would we get charged with possession and paraphenilia we would get loitering, disturbing the peace, unlawful demonstration basically they would throw the book at us. I wish things were different, I wish I were a flower child from the 60's but I'm not, hopefully one day we can all unite at the reflecting pool and have a few joints like they did in the 60's. Im sure we have some members that remember these times but they are far beyond my lifetime as I am only 21. We just cant let it get us down because if we loose faith then the movement dies, and with the movement I think a part of us(at least me) would die also, this is who we are, this is our passtime and damnit we have to fight for it.

God damn I sound like Jesse Jackson :)
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby winstone » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:28 pm

AmeriSkunk words of wisdom are always easier on the eye to read..

Well said..

winnie
Join the Growing Smiling Revolution ...

http://www.lca-uk.org/lcaforum/index.php
winstone
Forum builder

Postby AmeriSkunk » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:13 pm

In all seriousness though I think more than people standing up will have to happen, things are looking up here in the states but that is compared to the Bush administration, hopefully in 20-30 yrs we will be able to smoke in peace. I think the first step in the chain of events will have to be the governments agnoledgement that pot is not as harmful as alcohol, theres the first step, second step wich may be possible because of the first would be a legal sit-in with permits and everything. But you still have to fight the conservative christian way of life and these folks make up more than half of the US, not to say that none of them smoke, but do you think they will stand up against the grain of their congrigation, I think not, they will continue to smoke secretively until someone else does something about it. This is the problem with America were a religious country who pressures our beliefs on others, manipulates their thoughts and for what MONEY and controll of SOCIETY.

I am not a religious man, yet religion controlls our societys and we would be inferior beings if we all accepted that its not in our hands that its in "Gods" hands. We wouldn't have hospitals or medacines, we would lay hands and pray. My point is that we wouldn't have modern society if we all accepted 100% that there is a god, yet the christians want the best of both worlds, modern science(wich goes against religion) and Gods hope, I beileve you can still have hope but there is a reason for things happening its not supernatural. Maybe I'm getting off topic but like I said conservatives(christians) controll society and until they smarten up(on many levels) I dont think we will see change in the US.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby winstone » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:31 pm

AmeriSkunkhttp, I agree, I used to work with Chris Baldwin,

Have a read here about him..

http://www.ccguide.org.uk/chrisbaldwin.php

He was on the same course with Gary, as well as other freedom fighters..

The US seem to be battling more on the legal front, at the elections with Ammendment 44 etc.

Heres hoping that both our countries hurry up and change these laws,

When cannabis is a much safer substance than Caffeine, or Sugar, then we need change..

winnie

winnie

winstone
Forum builder

Postby AmeriSkunk » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:00 pm

I hope I didn't offend anyone but I dont know any other "more polite" ways to say it. I know I wrote it mainly about the US but thats only because I'm not firmilliar with English politics, what I said goes for both countries. I just think that our forefathers would turn over in there grave at the site of good men being jailed for smoking weed wich some of our presidents did. I beileve it was George Washington who praised the power of hemp and its fibers. Meaning he was a stoner and a founding father, he would shun the laws of the present.

I have heard of Chris Baldwin before and the problem that keeps popping up is the UN, a thorn in the side of marijuana, because of the lumped term "War on Drugs"
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby winstone » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:27 pm

If we keep fighting for change in the US and the UK, we are getting there slowly.. Mark Emery is a canadian good guy, who is fighting deportation to the US for selling seeds to Americans. :cry:

I'm going to be taking cannabis if its illegal or not, as I use medically after 2 spinal fusions, and for many other reasons. including recreational.

I am sure that we'll get change quite soon, as long as we keep trying...

Alaska seem to have it sorted and 11 states allow medical use, which is more than we get here in the UK.

Chris Baldwin, and Gary , and Colin Davis, have all been to prison for trying to start Coffeeshops, in the UK, however people are still trying.

winnie

winstone
Forum builder

Postby AmeriSkunk » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:55 pm

Alaska keeps flip flopping on weather its legal or not I know a guy there and he said its headed down the shitter quick, but then again it may flip flop back to being legal, I think they've been voting on it every year or so. Who knows what will happen next.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby winstone » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:42 am

I'm quite ignorant to the US situation, however I'm learning, wasn't Alaska, put through, on a court case ruling?

Hence legality is a legal ruling, is this right?

winnie

winstone
Forum builder

Postby LADYDEEE » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:29 am

and unfortunately these stupid laws in the UK, seemed to be based on reefer madness, have not changed to where we could have coffee shops, though we did try..

I here ya Winstone :x Dark ages stuff alright, it does make me mad. Its people like you and Chris whos got the balls to try and make a difference that i admire man. Fair play to yas. 8) And still they jail yas for smoking and growing a fooking plant this il NEVER get my head around :evil: Stand tall folks.
LADYDEEE

Postby AmeriSkunk » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:59 pm

I'm quite ignorant to the US situation, however I'm learning, wasn't Alaska, put through, on a court case ruling?

Hence legality is a legal ruling, is this right?

If it passed its legal to the state but the federal government is another story, same way with the medical marijuana. The state can say one thing but the feds can over rule them quite easily. All they have to do is either be tipped off of cultivation or see it first hand wich is the way I think they caught the girl who was growing marijuana for MS patients, I forget her name but she is fighting extradition back to the US from Candada. She and her hubby now run some Herbal Shaman shop you can see their ads on http://www.pottv.com if the site even still works.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby winstone » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:45 pm

Great link AmeriSkunk

The state can say one thing but the feds can over rule them quite easily

As we are talking about this , wasn't it Proposition 215? that was passed, yet the Feds wont except this.

Is it lost in the fact you can have herb, but how do you get it?

So people take the initiative to grow their own, and get prosecuted for it.

A legal quagmire.

I've been catching up with the Common Sense Party videos...

giving me a good idea with the states law, as I believe that if the states got recreational use through, as they have been trying in Colorado etc, then the UK would follow very soon afters.

Do you mean Micheal Rainy?

Hi LADYDEEE

I really thank you for the words of support.

I think we need a new approach on the coffeeshop front in the UK.

Overtly was not the british way.

Chris , Gary, Colin all have tried this.

If our stupid government refuse to allow us to pay taxes, to them , because we wish , people to have the recreational choice of cannabis,

then I would urge UK big balled people to open Underground Coffeeshops, as I believe we have a few, in the UK now.

I still like to think of us as the smiling revolution. :D

winnie

winstone
Forum builder

Postby AmeriSkunk » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:34 pm

Im not firmilliar with proposition 215, I stopped trying to keep up with the US pot laws a while back, I said fuck it I'll just go elsewhere. The feds dont accept any state laws, unless the are the same. Same in all states including Colorado, California, and Alaska. The federal laws over rule state laws but the thing you might not understand being from the UK is that the state enforces their laws and the feds inforce their own laws and states do not accept city laws like Denvers legal personal use pot law, so if you get pulled over by a trooper you will go to jail but if a city cop were to pull you over your more likely to be ok.Its a fucked up system I know but thats the way it is.

In Alaska they were allowed to grow up to 25 plants per adult person per household by state law or something close to that, maybe only 25 per household and up to a 1/4 lb of buds, you could even have them in your car legally if you have the sack in the trunk. http://www.norml.com can inform you of all state and federal laws here in the states but it is not up to date sometimes. Check out how harsh my state Oklahoma is when you look.

A legal quagmire
:lol:

Yea Micheal Rainy
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby winstone » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:23 am

Hi AmeriSkunk

Alaska- as we drift more off the original topic, sound ultra cool.

Imagine if all the tokers of the world signed one petition to demand change, how many people in the world would you estimate, that we'd have?

norml is a fantastic group.

One thing I've noticed, as I try to ineptly keep up with the world weed situation, as cannabis is important to me as a medically , recreational, and spiritually.

Chris gave free medicine to many people, using the revenue he got off of the coffeeshops, for this he got imprisonment at the moment I've got more friends facing time. they are called THC4MS

http://www.thc4ms.org.uk/index2.php

Also their is a petition here, that Jack and Jenny Herer has signed.

http://www.ethical-business.com/default ... 001&page=2

I'll look more into the Prop 215, you've made me realise how complicated the laws on cannabis are in your country...

winnie

winstone
Forum builder

Postby AmeriSkunk » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:32 pm

Imagine if all the tokers of the world signed one petition to demand change, how many people in the world would you estimate, that we'd have?
I would think all the online people would sign but hte others are probably too scared to sign their name to something that is about "Marijuana" like its a bad thing. Here in the sates there are allot of undercover smokers who would just let the petetion fly by them and like I said thay would let other take the brunt of the problems, the government here has made marijuana look so bad by all there anti-pot commercials that people think there true and dont want to be lumped into the "stoner" category these are the former recreational users, then you have the cristians who smoke who would never tell a sole except their dealer wich in this case is usually a family member, a grower or they grow themselves(I know all three). Then you have the people who just are ashamed because of how others preceive marijuana, and then you have people like you and I who are what I call "loud N proud" who will smoke till the end of our days. I'm sure that there are other groups who were not mentioned who wouldn't vote. My point is that here only the smokers with true grit would sign the thing because the rest are scared for many different reasons.

If you have a high speed connect I reccoment that you look up anti-pot commercials on yahoo or something similar, I think you will be truly offended. They even have one of dumb young people(who I am not like at all) who go and eat at some fast food place three or four times and on the fifth time they fun over a kid while leaving, and the commercial blames marijuana. FUCKED UP

There are many more though that one just really pissees me off because I and my friends don't act like that, hell if anything were more catious.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby winstone » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:56 am

, the government here has made marijuana look so bad by all there anti-pot commercials that people think there true and dont want to be lumped into the "stoner" category

We've had that in the UK, 99% of people don't believe it. - which is good.

Cannabis Psychosis , they call it, It doesn't exsist, Amphetimine Psychosis, even Caffeine Psychosis, does, and as normal cannabis gets the blame, by the prohibitionists. :wink:

Sounds like your re running reefer madness, which is very sad.

What with Ed Rosental, Willy Nelson, Tubby, Marc Emery on trial, Micheal Rainy, United , we are. In this country, we are used to being told lies being told by the media.

Who have a vested intrest in the other recreational drug market, such as Alcohol, tobacco.

Don't believe the Hype..

We are winning.

We need more people to sign, this I urge people to do as there is not much more time.

Thankyou

winnie

winstone
Forum builder

Previous

Return to Cannabis policies for the rest of the EU